Sunday, 25 September 2016

3 Tips for Starting A-Levels

I know you're supposed to practice what you preach but from the lessons I have learnt, this will definitely help! However, I'm that sort of person at the start of the year, has all of the folders, brand new equipment and says 'I'm not going to be like last year, I'm going to be really organised'. The reality hits me on the first day and before you know it, I have 3 assignments due in for tomorrow and I am already in a mess and behind. I have thought about some tips that my help to stay on track and make it easier.

1. Planner/Diary
Having a planner/diary helps you to visualise what needs to be done really easy rather than having to guess what you have to do and then mixing up all of the dates. I use my diary quite often so that I can see what needs to be done first and what I have to do. Another thing I have felt useful is having a weekly planner on a wall so that I can see what needs to be done that week or what I have coming up to try and work around the activity. (Remember to stay organised!)

2. Enjoy the Subject
If you were unsure with the subject you were choosing because you hadnt done it before or because you needed to do another subject to bump up your studying, make sure you are happy with it. If you aren't enjoying the subject or it isn't what you expected, tell someone soon as they can arrange for something to be done to ensure you are more engaged or maybe even take you out of the subject. If you don't enjoy what you are doing then it's highly likely that you won't put the effort it and then you won't get the results you are hoping for.

3. Take time for Yourself
You may thing you need to always be working in order to keep up. Well, you also need to take a step back every now and again. Working all of the time can lead to a lack in concentration as you have lost the motivation. They can be really stressful and people can often over work themselves and become stressed out (I am one of these). Don't be scared to take a night off or enjoy the weekend because you may actually feel better for it and possibly be more productive.

I hope these tips were helpful/useful.

Have you started A-levels? What advice would you give?

Thanks for reading and I hope you enjoyed

Chloe x