Sunday, 28 August 2016

What's In My Bag - Sixth Form

At the start of September I will be going into my final year of A-levels. I decided to opt for the sixth form route at it is much easier and quicker to get to as well as knowing peers and staff that would be going making me feel much more comfortable when starting.

I take 4 subjects which are Business, IT, Photography and Sports Leadership. Due to my subjects being mainly computer based, I don't have to carry around massive folders and notepads like others which is quite lucky. However, I do have to take a fair amount with me still such as:

A Notebook
If ever I need to write something down in a certain subject such as notes or something I need to remember for the following lesson, I will pop it in my notebook so I can't forget.

Diary/Planner
I am visual learner so I prefer to have colours and posters to help me remember things and I love being organised so that I can clearly see what I have planned. The planners that we have aren't the best so I prefer to have my own and chose a layout I prefer rather than struggling with what I'm given.

Pens
For exams, you have to write in black so I have always bought black pens as then you aren't trying to find a black pen when doing coursework. (Just makes everything much easier!) As I have already said, I am a visual learner so I always carry coloured pens with me just in case I need to create a poster or write something important down in a different colour to help me. There may be an occasional highlighter as well just in case as well as a Sharpie in case I need to label folders etc.

USB Stick
I have had a few cases this past year where my work has gone missing off the system or I have been forgetful and not saved my work. I have decided to get a USB to prevent it happening and also have a backup. I will be travelling between 2 different buildings so this will be helpful when transferring work over.

Other Bits and Bobs
I am that person that will carry everything for those 'just in case' moments. You will no doubt find plasters, hand sanitiser, medication, mirror, lip balm etc. in my bag as well but thats just the boring stuff.

(All of this can be found in Wilko so it is really affordable!)

What do you carry round in your school bag or just your bag in general?

Thanks for reading and I hope you enjoyed

Chloe x