Sunday, 21 August 2016

Skincare Routine

I have always struggled with my skin! When I was younger it was eczema on my arms, around my eyes and behind my knees. Now that I am older I still struggle with eczema but on my hands yet it has calmed down. I now have to deal with acne and I am on medication for it. I have sensitive skin so certain products I have to stay clear of otherwise I end up with a rash and a burning sensation where I have applied it (hence the use of sensitive products!) Anyway, enough of the boring stuff!

As you may have seen from my Boots Haul post, I loved this product from the first use. It is cream and you apply it to a wet face so I use it in the shower and remove it with one of my Liz Earle cleansing cloths to help exfoliate at the same time as taking it off. There is slight tingling sensation but I quite like it as it feels as if it is doing something.

Another one from the boots haul is the Boots own brand Simply Sensitive Day Moisturiser. The big selling point for me was because it had aloe vera in it. I have said before that I use after sun because it has aloe vera in that helps to calm redness in skin. I use this in the day under my makeup and at night once I have removed my makeup and cleansed to prevent my skin from being dry.

I have to admit, I should do a face mask more often than I do. I saw this on offer in Boots so thought I would try it. I chose the detox one as I thought it would be best suited to helping with my skin. I have used this a couple of times now and it helps to reduce the amount of oil on my face and reduces the amount of redness in spots. From the couple of times that I've tried it, I would recommend it.

Do you have a routine or certain products you use to help you skin?

Thanks for reading and I hope you enjoyed

Chloe x