Sunday, 15 May 2016

theBalm Meet Matt(e) Hughes Liquid Lipstick - Committed Review

Following on from last week and the theme of liquid lipsticks, I thought I would mention the very first one that I bought.

I'd seen this feature on Instagram as part of a swatch and this colour really stood out to me as I tend to stick around nudes and play it safe. I'd heard about the liquid lipstick hype and thought I would see for myself what all the fuss is about.

I bought this from Feel Unique for £13.50 and you definitely get a fair amount of product and will last for a while. There is a mint scent/taste to the lipstick which is fairly strong whilst the product is still wet so if you're not a mint lover, this may put you off. 

I found that the drying took a fair amount of time (10 mins) and then still feels a little tacky and I can tell there is something on my lips. However, I did find that it lasted for a few hours even after eating and drinking but once it got past this, I could see the cracks in my lips where the product had come off.

Overall, I do think that this is still a decent product and lasts much longer than an ordinary lipstick which is always beneficial when you are planning to eat and drink.

Have you tried any liquid lipsticks?

Thanks for reading and I hope you enjoyed

Chloe x