Sunday, 20 March 2016

Ellie Goulding Delirium Tour 2016

For my birthday, I was bought a ticket to go and see Ellie Goulding on her 2016 Delirium tour. I knew I was getting these as I'd mentioned having them as part of my present. I went with my friend Grace and we had planned to go for something to eat beforehand and then walk up just before the doors opened.

We joined the queue and was only stood around for a couple of minutes before they opened the gates. It roughly took 10 minutes for us to get through and get to our seats. As you can see from the photos, we were very close to the stage and could even see backstage to a certain degree.

The first group came on to begin warming up the audience but the man who actually got them going was John Newman. His stage presence and dancing really managed to engage with us all whilst encouraging people to dance and have a laugh. He is definitely worth trying to see live!

It was 9pm when Ellie came on and there was a build up with her coming out from beneath the stage and on to a podium which lifted her up as she began to sing. There were multiple outfit changes with all linked to the songs and her quirky personality. Alongside all of this, were the dancers which were insane and they were all in sync with one another.

This is the second time I have been to see her and I would definitely go again as she really  does put on a show that seems to only improve each time.

Have you been to a concert/gig before?

Thanks for reading and I hope you enjoyed

Chloe x