Sunday, 10 January 2016

1st Driving Lesson

For Christmas and my birthday, my parents bought me driving lessons. I have to admit, I was both excited and nervous about the concept of driving because I have never done it before. My first lesson was last Sunday at 11am. The nerves started to build it the closer it got to starting and it didn't help that my family kept saying my instructor has pulled up and that I was going to crash!

I went out and got in the car and my instructor told me that we were going to an area which was a little quieter and start from the very basics even though I had a rough idea about how to set everything up in the car but it was learning to do it on the correct order. He then took me on a little circuit to show me where I need to go and what was I needed to do. It was then my turn and I was able to pull off, drive the car, change gear etc. By the end of lesson, I was able to drove home and one of my biggest surprises to myself was that I drove 60mph down a bypass by myself without any assistance. This might not be a big thing for some people but for me who has never driven a car before, I was really pleased with myself for not freaking out.

I am having weekly lesson on a Sunday and I am actually excited for this week and a little nervous as I'm not sure what I'm doing by definitely not as bad as last week. If anyone is thinking about having lessons, I would highly recommend doing them even from my first lesson as I learnt so much from actually driving as well as watching and listening in the passenger seat.

Have you already passed, having lesson or thinking about having them?

Thanks for reading and I hope you enjoyed

Chloe x