Sunday, 1 November 2015

Halloween Special Effects Makeup

As it is halloween this weekend, I thought that I would do a related post. I know it has passed but I thought that it would be appropriate this week as it is official this weekend and many halloween themed events have happened or are happening.

This year, I ended up doing mine and Carter’s makeup the same. He’d asked me to do his for a party and follow a tutorial on youtube that he liked. He wanted to create burns as the idea was a zombie police officer. We had a trial to see if I could do it and to see if it looked worth doing. I did it on him arm first as we didn't know if the blood would end up staining the skin and look really daft.

The video said we had to layer on toilet paper with a layer of glue in between, put foundation on top to blend it in with your skin, apply a black eyeshadow to create the burned effect and obviously apply the fake blood over the top to finish it off. 

On Friday night, I did both of our make as Carter was off to a party and I was going to a halloween scare fest. We decided we both wanted it on our face so it would be seen better and I was really pleased with the outcome.

What did you do for halloween?

Thanks for reading and I hope you enjoyed

Chloe x