Sunday, 12 July 2015

The NCS Program - Week 2

If you read last weeks post, you will know that I currently on the NCS program. I have just completed the 2nd week which involved me boarding at Trent College with my group. 

We met a series of different people from different charities in the local area to help with our social action project next week. The different charities included people from a homeless shelter, a hospice and someone talking  Furthermore, we had a police officer come to talk about areas of concern in the area that we could try and reduce with our project.

This week was very different to last week as we were in separate rooms but still all together and ended up going in each others room or in the common room if we wanted to be together. On the first night, we all decided to have a pamper night and even the team leaders decided to join us! However, now that we have finished living away for the past couple of weeks, I can safely say that I am going to miss the girls and our chats though the tent dividers and bedroom doors down across the hallway. 

There were different activities that we had to do as part of a team which consisted of a quiz, robot wars, zombie run and rocket launching. Obviously team 4 (my team) won them all!

On the last day, we had to build a rocket which would later be tested during the evening activity. I was chosen as team leader so I had to direct the group into their specific roles and ensure the task was completed successfully. My team managed to get our rocket the highest but didn't manage to protect the egg... oops!

I’m looking forward to next week although it will be very different to what I have experienced so far as I won’t be staying with my group due to the fact we are having to meet at West Notts College each day to plan the project.

Have you taken part in the program before or considered joining?

Thanks for reading and I hope you enjoyed


Chloe x