Sunday, 5 July 2015

The NCS Program - Week 1

On Monday morning (29th June) I started the NCS program for young people aged 16-17 years old. I was really nervous to start as I was doing it by myself and I was just praying that I'd meet someone.

When we arrived we were faced with a massive hill which was a killer (and everyone who was there would agree!). We were camping in a field with all 7 teams being together and sharing with the instructors. The bed was more like a lack off as we were giving a foam camping mat which wasn't comfy in the slightest. We were all suffering from bad backs combined with a lack of sleep which only lead to the tough morning wake up and feeling very tired as the week went on. I was sharing a tent with 4 other girls and there was never a dull moment throughout the week so it made the whole week a real laugh and helped us all to keep going.

The whole week was based around team building activities to help with getting to know the people in my team and make new friends. The activities included canoeing, raft building, a walk with map reading, high and low ropes as well as team activities.

I will be on the course for the next 3 weeks with the same people and I will be gutted when it finishes but I am really looking forward to being with the team and developing skills along the way.

Have you ever taken part in a course like this or something similar?

Thanks for reading and I hope you enjoyed


Chloe x